Narrative Design and Execution for Growing B2B Companies
Flag & Frontier helps your team craft a powerful narrative, put your message into action, and show buyers why you’re the only choice.
We Equip Your Team With the
Right Narrative and the Right Plans to Show Buyers Why You Matter
Craft a Powerful Narrative
- Clarify the problem your business is solving and who you’re solving it for.
- Determine your strategy: win an emerging market, niche down, or design a category.
- Craft a meaningful Point of View narrative that shows why your company matters.
Develop an Action Plan
- Align your team around your narrative and know how it will impact their work.
- Execute your narrative with tools and templates that help your team work quickly.
- Develop and execute campaigns and content strateg that shift the minds of buyers.
Overcome Market Biases
- Identify the hidden biases that keep buyers, investors, and partners away.
- Condition the market to see your solution as the only obvious choice.
- Improve ROAS with language that ‘clicks’ and drives word-of-mouth.
Optimize With Systems
- Track metrics to see if you are creating the right shifts in the minds of your buyers.
- Catch changes in the market and competition that could impact your strategy.
- Obtain feedback, insights, and accountability through executive advisory calls.
Outcomes You Can Expect
An Aligned, Efficient Team
Once your team is on the same page about what your company stands for, decisions about where to head become so much easier. Put opinions and politics behind you and move forward as one.
Lower Cost of Growth
When you’re equipped with a powerful story about why your company matters – and have the clarity on how to use that in your GTM, the cost of acquiring and keeping customers only goes down.
A Competitive Position
Companies that are clear on the right position to occupy in the market are much more likely to build a durable business. Having buyers see you as the only obvious choice is the ultimate advantage.
Why Build and Evangelize Your Narrative Now?
The Growth at All Costs Era is Over
Last decade, growth-oriented companies could get away with acquiring customers at any cost. If they didn’t have a strong narrative and a plan to condition the market, they could still find buyers through brute force. Those days are behind us. Now, if you can’t grow efficiently, you can’t grow at all.
Buyers Have Too Much Information to Process
There are so many other ideas vying for attention that it’s hard to stand out. Anything that isn’t seen as unique, meaningful, and relevant gets written off as a commodity or an unnecessary distraction.
Marketing Has Over-Indexed On Attribution
Many B2B companies have been lured into building their plans around what they can attribute instead of what will actually influence customers. As a result, money and effort are wasted on optimizing things that won’t move the needle.
Revenue Teams Have Become Hyper-Specialized
Getting such diverse teams aligned around a plan to make shifts in the minds of buyers is like herding cats. Throw in investor comms, PR, and analyst relations, and it’s no wonder that few teams can deliver an effective message to the market.
Why Flag & Frontier
We’re the only consultancy specifically focused on helping growing B2B companies bridge the gap between narrative development and GTM execution.
Our founder, John Rougeux, has focused his career on learning what works (and what doesn’t) when it comes to building and operationalizing narratives.
He is one of the few people with deep experience in both marketing and category strategy. Learn more about John on
What B2B Leaders Say About John
Feed Media Group
SVP Marketing & Growth
Sweet Fish Media